What is CodingIntel.com?
CodingIntel is an on-line library of coding resources for medical practices including articles, videos, billing guides and more. Our mission is to provide accurate, comprehensive, up-to-date coding answers, allowing medical practices to increase revenue, decrease coding denials and reduce compliance risk.
Where does the information on CodingIntel come from?
In 1988, CodingIntel founder Betsy Nicoletti started a Medical Services Organization for a rural hospital, supporting physician practices. In 1998, she founded Medical Practice Consulting, and in 2007, Codapedia.com. She estimates that in the last 20 years her audience members number over 22,100. She has had 2,500 meeting with clinical providers and reviewed over 40,000 medical notes. She knows what questions need answers and developed this resource to answer those questions.
Why should I become a member?
Medical practices need coding resources for physicians and staff to protect their revenue and reduce compliance risk. In-services and coding conferences are expensive and hard to organize. The on-demand videos, articles, billing guides and more allow a group to customize coding education and select the topics and methods that work the best for your doctors and your staff.
Your physicians, NPs and PAs and your coding and billing staff will be educated conveniently and cost effectively, just the way each prefers through videos, articles, podcasts, downloadable billing guides, periodic webinars and more. This up-to-date library will save your staff research time and money.
How much does it cost?
We offer monthly and annual memberships. Click here for details. Memberships renew automatically.
What if I want to cancel my membership?
We hope you will find the resources on CodingIntel to be a great value. But, if you decide to cancel, you can do so at any time. Simply go to the my account page, go to the “membership” tab, and click the cancel link for your membership.
Memberships cancelled within 30 days of purchase are eligible for a full refund. To request a refund, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Using the cancel link triggers cancellation of your existing membership at the end of your current membership period.
Your membership access will continue until the end of the your billing cycle. To request an immediate cancellation and refund, please email us at email@example.com
Memberships cancelled after 30 days are subject to the following terms: Annual memberships are eligible for a prorated refund based on the number of months remaining until the renewal date. This information can be found on your account page. There are no refunds for monthly memberships cancelled after the 30 day risk free trial period. See the note above for additional information about cancellations and refunds.
How do I find the answer to my question?
From the coding resource library you can search by code or keyword, browse by topic or choose from a list of categories. At the bottom of each content page, you will see a list of keywords (“tags”), these will link you to related content. Many posts contain links to relevant content as well.
- If your question is specific, try to be specific, for example, “lesion” will give you a more accurate search result than “surgery”.
- But, if you are searching for general information for surgical coding, then, search “surgery”.
- Try different forms of the word, for example, “surgery”, “surgical”, and “surgeon”.
- Our search engine isn’t as intelligent as Google, so check spelling/typos.
What if I can’t find the answer to my question?
Anyone can submit questions to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration for our Everyday Q&A section.
Your question is important and you should know that we periodically select questions of broad interest and create resources to address them. These resources will be added to the CodingIntel.com library.
Though we are unable to respond to every question individually, we can offer you tips for finding what you’re looking for in our vast library of resources. You can:
- Search by code or keyword
- Browse by topic
- Utilize coding guides (these are the most in-depth resources on the site)
- Look at related articles and videos (many contain links and references to other sources like CPT® and CMS that may have helpful information).
- See “Search Tips” above
Other sources of help include the aapc.com. If you are a physician or work for a physician, I suggest asking the physician to send the coding question to his/her specialty society. Compliance questions should go the compliance department or medical director, and serious compliance concerns should be handled under employee client privilege.
There are list serves available, and you could pose your question there. The AAPC has one, as does Part B News.
Where can I find my membership renewal date and other account information?
Go to the my account page for details about your current membership.
What if I forget my username or password?
You can reset your password by clicking the reset link on the login page. Please note, we do not have access to passwords.
We have a multi-user account. How do I set up individual users?
Once you have provided your organization name and the name and email address of the group administrator, you will receive an email that includes a link to register individual users. We recommend that you distribute the link to the individual user and have them set up their own username and password. If you prefer, you can register each user yourself and then give them their username and password. If you need further assistance, use our contact page.
Please read carefully as CEU credits are not offered for all events.
I attended a live webinar. How do I get my certificate?
- CEU credit is offered ONLY for AAPC approved webinars of 60 minutes or more. The AAPC requires participants be present for the entire event to receive a CEU certificate. For approved events, there will be an opportunity to download your certificate at the conclusion of the teaching portion of the event.
- If you were present for the entire event, but missed the opportunity to download the certificate, please email email@example.com with the subject line: “CEU certificate”, and include the following details:
- Title of the webinar
- Date of the event
- The email address associated with your CodingIntel membership
What if I missed all or part of the webinar?
- Our 60 minute webinars are recorded. If you miss any of the presentation, an on-demand recording and post test will be available on the webinar page following the event. AAPC requires a score of 70% correct or better to receive the CEU certificate. (Note: on-demand access is available to members and purchasers only.)
I watched an on-demand webinar. How do I get my certificate?
- Complete and submit the post test included on the webinar page below the recording. If you achieve a passing score (70% correct or better), you will receive a link to download the certificate. You can retake the test if needed.
*Please note: CEU credit is not offered for our monthly E/M auditing webinars