In this section:
- Why should I join CodingIntel?
- Is a CodingIntel membership right for me?
- Are there things I won't find on CodingIntel?
Why should I join CodingIntel?
We know what it feels like to feel frustrated and unsure about the claims you submit. If you're like us, you've looked for help, only to get conflicting answers and opinions--nothing that you can rely on. You've probably worried that making decisions based on interpretations instead of facts could cost your practice money!
At CodingIntel, we get it. We've been in your shoes. Since 1998, Betsy has helped thousands of coders and clinicians like you. In 2017 we founded CodingIntel to help you navigate the ever-changing world of medical coding using our 20+ years of coding experience, citation-backed guides, and educational resources.
The on-demand webinars, articles, coding guides and more allow a group to customize coding education and select the topics and methods that work the best for your doctors and your staff. Our up-to-date library will save your staff research time and money.
Is a CodingIntel membership right for me?
- If you are an individual or group who cares about accurate coding, compliance and revenue. Yes! Our members are coders and billers, practitioners, compliance professionals and managers.
- If you are a large or small group that provides E/M services, care management services, performs procedures, sees Medicare patients, and wants to code accurately and confidently for the services you provide.
- CodingIntel resources related to E/M services, care management and modifiers are applicable to most specialties that perform these services. We currently offer a broader spectrum of resources for Primary Care and Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Dermatology, Behavioral Health, and General Surgery.
Here's a list of what you will, and won't find on CodingIntel.
Are there things I won't find on CodingIntel?
CodingIntel is not an exhaustive resource. You will NOT find the following types of resources on the site
- Facility or ASC coding rules
- Specialty procedural coding (Ortho, cardiac, etc.)
- NCCI lookup function
- Medicare policies and updates for facilities or ASC
- Updates on OPPS billing
- Individual commercial payers or state Medicaid rules
- Forum for submitting individual coding questions
- Medicare specific rules for facilities and supervision of services
If you don't find what you are looking for here, we recommend going to the AMA, AAPC, AHIMA, or your specialty society, if you are connected to one.
Still have a question?
Our customer service team is available via email Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (ET).