Webinar – Recorded December 14, 2017
Risk coding is all the rage! Are you up-to-date?
In fee-for-service medicine, physician services are paid based on the fee associated with that CPT® code, HCPCS code and modifiers. The diagnosis coding establishes the medical necessity for this service. With new payment models, diagnosis coding for physician services takes on added importance and affects future payments.
In this presentation from CodingIntel, we explain HCC coding for medical practices.
Accurate and complete diagnosis coding (along with utilization and quality) will affect incentive payments. Medical practices joining accountable care organizations, Medicare shared savings programs or entering into diagnosis risk-adjusted contracts with private payers need to review their diagnosis coding and many will need to make changes.
This presentation provides an overview for medical practices in the important concepts related to risk-adjusted diagnosis coding. As our healthcare system moves from volume to value, accurately reporting the severity of illness for individual patients becomes imperative.
Agenda for this webinar includes:
- Overview of how physician services are paid in value contracts
- Introduction to HCC diagnosis coding
- Risk scores for frequently used conditions
- Importance of specificity in chronic conditions
- What status codes matter in risk coding
- Demonstrate knowledge of two key concepts of risk-adjusted diagnosis coding
- Evaluate their own risk adjustment ICD-10 use of unspecified codes and use of status codes
- Develop a plan to increase specificity in both primary care and specialty claims
Members LOGIN to register
Not a member? There a two ways to register:
Get instant access to this 60 minute recorded webinar and the printable companion resource for $129.00. Or, get FREE access, see details below.
CodingIntel members get access to our entire library of coding resources, including guides on HCC risk adjustment, the RAF score and risk adjustment ICD-10 codes. Membership includes FREE access to all live webinars! If you miss one, you can watch on-demand anytime.