Recorded January 23, 2020
with special guest Margaret Skurka, MS, RHIA, CCS, FAHIMA
Electronic health records and on-line ICD-10 look up have made it easy to find a diagnosis code, and quicker than using the index and ICD-10 book. But, is the code accurate and does using it follow the Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting in ICD-10, including chapter specific instructions? This hour-long webinar will review the Official Guidelines FY 2020, used for coding outpatient physician services. In addition, it will cover these issues:
- How to code the ICD-10-CM diagnosis for preventive exams, screening tests, and labs ordered at a preventive visit for a patient with a known condition
- When to use history of cancer and when to continue to use the neoplasm diagnosis
- How to code follow up visits after a patient is discharged for a condition that is no longer present, but is still being treated (e.g. pulmonary embolism)
Bring your tough ICD-10 questions. Margaret Skurka, our guest presenter, will answer them.
After the presentation, participants will be able to:
- Describe where to find and how to use the Official Coding Guidelines that describe diagnosis coding in any setting (which includes the physician office)
- Select codes for screening services and diagnostic services accurately
- Know when to use “history of” codes
Not a member? There are two ways to watch:
Get on-demand access to this 60 minute webinar, and the downloadable companion resources for only $129.00. Or, get FREE access, see details below.
CodingIntel members get access to our on-line library of coding resources, including regular updates on coding changes that affect your practice. Membership includes FREE access to all webinars! If you miss one, you can watch on-demand anytime.
*This program has the prior approval of AAPC for 1 continuing education credit. Granting of prior approval in no way constitutes endorsement by AAPC of the program content or the program sponsor.
**Webinar access is limited to one phone line per registration/membership. Your office staff can listen in via speakerphone or your computer’s audio connection. Additional connections subject to additional fees. If purchasing on-demand, and CEUs are offered, they are only available to the purchaser.