E/M changes for 2021 for codes 99202—99215
- There are three elements in medical decision-making and this article describes the second, arguably, the most complex of the three elements
- When selecting a level of service based on medical decision-making two of the three elements are required
- CPT® has developed definitions for many of the components in the MDM chart and this article describes the definitions and rules related to data
This post includes:
- A brief video summary with downloadable slides
- Quick reference sheet – Credit for Tests in Data Element
- Definitions related to data in the new MDM chart for office E/M visits in 2021
- Selecting the level of data using the new MDM chart for E/M services in 2021
Login to read the rest of this article
Don’t have a login? Become a member, or learn more about the benefits of membership by clicking on the link below.
CPT is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association Copyright 2021, American Medical Association All rights reserved.